Why study in USA?
- For any international student, the U.S. has a lot to offer, the most prestigious, top ranked education anywhere in the world.
- Approx 60 out of world’s top 100 universities are located in the USA.
- Worldwide recognition of the U.S. degree, Education focuses more on practical knowledge, Employers favor U.S. degree.
- The USA is a multicultural society, absorbing new immigrants which make it a very dynamic and exciting place to experience.
- While studying in the USA, student will be exposed to some of the most up to date developments in technology. The USA is the leader in many areas of technology.
- Wide range of educational programs.
- Outstanding facilities, libraries and laboratories.
- Best educated and highest earning, youngest and white collar professionals.
- Opportunity to spend an additional year in the U.S. getting valuable, relevant work experience.
- Applicants for U.S. student visas must apply for their visas no earlier than 90 days before the date when they must report to the school in the United States.
Education System: 12 + 4 + 2
- After 12th a student can go for 4 years of Bachelor degree or 2 years of Associate degree.
- After completion of Bachelors Degree student pursues Master degree, which is normally of two years duration.
- After completion of Master degree one can pursue PhD, which may take around 3 to 5 years to complete.
International students need to appear for various prerequisite exams like IELTS or TOEFL, GRE or GMAT for studying in USA as per the course requirements.
Each U.S. College or university sets its own admission standards for admission of International students.
U.S. colleges and universities usually base their admission decisions on a student’s academic records and applicable test records such as TOEFL or IELTS and GRE or GMAT (if mandatory).
Studying in the USA is an investment in your future.
Tuition fees vary greatly, by school and location. Depending on where you choose to study.
- Tuition fees can vary from US$ 20,000 to US$ 30,000, p.a.
- Living and food expenses approximately US$ 15,000 to US$ 20,000, p.a.
- During first 9 months of study international students are allowed to work on campus part time i.e. 20 hours per week and during vacation they are allowed to work full time.
- After 9 months they need to take permission from university to work off campus. Spouse cannot work fulltime. They have to obtain work permit from USA to work full time.
- After completions of studies students are allowed to stay in USA on OPT (Optional Practical Training) generally for one year.
- Whereas students who have studied subjects related to Science, Technology, Engineering. Maths (STEM) will get additional 2 years of OPT i.e. 1 year plus 2 years in total 3 years of OPT during that duration students need to convert their student visa to a work permit visa (H1B) which can later on be converted to Green Card, subject to meeting requirements, Visa Quota,etc.