Why study in New Zealand?
New Zealand is an economically wise and safe option for students looking for a high standard of education and an over –all high standards of living.
New Zealand qualifications are highly regarded internationally.
Courses are designed with help of strong input received from industry and employers to ensure graduates are getting up-to-date knowledge.
Qualifications across NZ are accredited by NZQA, ensuring high quality education.
Ideal place to study in a peaceful, politically stable country with low rate of corruption.
- Home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. Described as ‘two emerald islands in the sea’, the land of ‘The Lord of the Rings’, etc.
- Extremely progressive in terms of sustainability
- Multicultural as many kiwis are either immigrants or their descendants.
- According to Corruptions Perception Index, New Zealand is one of the least corrupt nations in the world.
Education System: 12 + 3 + 2
New Zealand qualifications are classified as below:
- After 12th a student can opt for 1 year of Diploma degree (Level 5), 2 years of Advanced Diploma Degree (Level 6), or 3 years of Bachelor degree (Level 7).
- After completion of Bachelors Degree student pursues 1 year of Graduate Diploma (Level 7), Post Graduate Diploma (Level 8), or 2 years of Master Degree (Level 9).
New Zealand colleges and universities have their own requirements for admission of international students.
New Zealand colleges and universities accept score of either IELTS or PTE.
|Diploma :||6 Bands|
|Bachelor Degree:||6.0 to 6.5 Bands|
|Post Graduate or Master Degree :||6.5 or 7.0 Bands|
- Student can work 20 hours per week during study and full time during vacation time.
- Spouse can work fulltime if the main applicant (student) is going to study Postgraduate (Level 8), or Master Degree (Level 9), or course is in LTSS otherwise spouse can accompany the student on visitor visa and then can apply for work permit and work legally.
Students work rights after successful completion of course:
- Can refer for further details : https://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/media/post-study-work-rights-for-international-students-factsheet.pdf
- Students may become eligible to apply for PR after getting job in relevant field, if meeting all immigration requirements.
Fund Transfer Scheme
- Need to deposit NZ$ 15000 with ANZ Bank on getting Approval in Principal (AIP)
- Student will receive approximate NZ$ 1250 per month in lieu of their living expenses in New Zealand.
- Need to compulsory use funds, those are shown while submitting visa application